- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences and customize website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to website.
You can control how your browser handles cookies that we set. You can choose to refuse all cookies, be prompted before a cookie is saved to your hard drive or only accept cookies from certain websites. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. However, if you use your browser settings to block cookies, you may not be able to use some of the features and functionality on the website.
We use the following cookies:
- Essential cookies. These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, sign-up to our newsletters, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Advertising/Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We and our advertising partners will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it and other websites you visit more relevant and meaningful to your interests, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites. We may also share this information with third parties or allow third parties to set cookies for these or similar purposes, whether on our website or on third party websites. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit aboutads.info/choices.
In most cases, cookies will be stored until you clear your cookie history.
We may use “clear GIFs” (aka “web beacons” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies on our website and/or in our e-mails. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a web page or in an e-mail that communicates to us whether you viewed an e-mail that we sent you or visited a certain page on our website. A clear GIF may enable us to relate your viewing or receipt of a web page or message to other information we hold about you.
Visitors to our website may be provided with the option to navigate to our external websites. When the visitor selects the option to view these websites, they are taken away from our website and to the other site. We are not responsible for any cookies used once the visitor has left our website.